Lifestyle sessions are such a blast. They are truly carefree and fun! I highly recommend to all my clients to wear COLOUR! It pops in photographs and really adds to the imagery! But generally my motto is “light & bright” for wardrobe. I encourage ladies to get their hair and make-up done (and don’t be shy about heavier make-up as photo’s tend to drown people’s faces out! 🙂 and I love it when guys wear fun details like suspenders and bow-ties or even a fresh haircut. Every little thing you do when it comes to styling for session counts! You are free to bring more than one outfit to a session, but please make sure that if you do bring multiple outfits that each party that is being photographed also has multiple outfits!
As I only shoot at one location for your lifestyle session, pick a spot that is diverse! If you need some suggestions for locations, just ask!
- Dress up a little more than usual, as these photos will be hanging on your walls for many years to come! (In fact, if you really want to, get all dressed up like you’re going to some fancy cocktail party!)
- Dress for the location! Be practical when choosing your outfits so your location and season make sense with your outfits.
- Pick clothes that move well – they can really make a photo more dynamic!
- Wear neat shoes!
- Avoid wearing black as it photographs quite flat.
- Pick something that flatters your best assets like a shorter hemline if you have great legs!
- There is always something so romantic about a pretty white dress!
- Dress in a way that makes you feel comfortable – you don’t want to be wearing a mini dress if you’re really a jeans & tee kinda gal!
- Coordinate with your partner – try to stay in the same colour family. Subtle coordination can really harmonize a photo.
- You can also do the opposite of each other if one of you chooses neutrals and the other chooses something quite bright! (That makes for fabulous on camera contrast!)
- Ladies pick neat pieces of jewellery, but make sure that its not the type that needs to be constantly “fixed”.
- Wear clothing that fits properly! You don’t want to be overwhelmed in something that is too big for you.
Get creative and have fun!